Type of Event:
Where: Anglers Country Park
When: 27/10/2016 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Developed by foresters with practical hands-on knowledge of woodland management and woodfuel production and supply, this course focuses on planting, managing and harvesting woodlands for use as woodfuel. What timber is suited to what type of woodfuel (logs or woodchip), assessing woodlands, measuring timber, harvesting, extraction, conversion and the economic modelling of timber harvesting and woodfuel conversion are covered in this one day course. Compliance with the sustainability requirements for fuel supplied to systems receiving RHI payments is a key feature of all our Ignite courses. A Lantra Awards certificate of attendance is issued upon completion of the course.
A full Course Outline is available here.
Cost: £150+VAT *
* Members of Woodsure, the Wood Heat Association and the Confor Woodfuel Suppliers Group can take advantage of a 10% discount on course fees – just let us know at time of booking.
Price includes all course materials, handbooks, refreshments, lunch, Lantra registration and certification fees.
Type of Event:
Where: Cumbria Local Enterprise Centre
When: 11/11/2016 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Know the main components of the Standard and the four key elements – UK provenance, legally felled, from sustainably managed forests and with an effective chain of custody for inputs and outputs.
- Have an understanding of forest policy and regulation in the UK.
- Have an understanding of how forests are sustainably managed, and what systems are in place to evidence this, and how they relate to the two Standards – Grown in Britain (GiB) and Grown in Britain Woodland (GiB-W).
- Understand the definitions of “legal” and “sustainable” in the context of the two Standards.
- Have an understanding of the processes involved in chain of custody for inputs and outputs.
- Know how an application can be made to the Standard and under which category – Forest, Forest Product, Supplier, Legal Only, + Recycled Content and Woodfuel.
- Know the General Requirements of the two Standards.
- Understand what is required in terms of record keeping by licence holders in order to maintain compliance with the two Standards.
- Understand the requirements of label use and branding compliance.
- Be aware of biosecurity issues and control measures and health and safety.
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Ignite Managing Woods for Woodfuel
Anglers Country Park, Wakefield, West Yorkshire,
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Grown in Britain Standard (and its Requirements for Auditing Licence Applicants and Holders)
Cumbria Local Enterprise Centre, Penrith, Cumbria,